MMMMmmmm… chocolate cake. Still warm. Available anytime. Sounds delicious, but the sticker shock can be annoying.
You can make it yourself, at home, for a fraction of the cost. It’s so easy, a 5 year old could do it.
- A box of cake mix (most chocolate flavors are artificial color free, but if you are on a special diet, read the label!)
- Chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, frosting -what ever you like to make it special
- small bowl or ramekin.
1. Put 4 tablespoons of cake mix in a small bowl or ramekin. Add chocolate chips or nuts if you want to get fancy.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of water.
3. Mix with a fork until it looks like cake batter.
4. Microwave for 60 seconds.
5. Lick the fork while waiting.
6. If cake isn’t done, microwave a bit more in 10 second intervals. It’s done when there is a tiny wet spot in the middle (smaller than a penny). (Microwave times may very. If it’s too dry, microwave for 45 seconds next time. And oh, yes, you KNOW there’ll be a next time!)
Careful! It’s hot!
Yum! (And you have a ton of cake mix leftover to make more snacks, later!) Top with frosting, coconut, or whatever you like!
For more Works for Me Wednesday tips and tricks, check out We Are THAT Family!